Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Life of an Executive Engineer


Usually I post a blog about a month in the end of the month to cover all the incidences happened during the month. This time when i was about to write about Nov 14, I was so overloaded instantaneously that i could not realize how the time flew by. I was so busy with the office work that i could not even get the time to reconcile myself into words.

How it started? It was starting of the november month when weather started showing its colors. Undue pressure was being created by my XEN to get the leakages rectify (Bhucho Rising Main, for non technical staff..take it as if there were some leakage in some pipe) which have increased to great extent. Moreover, farmers rejected to take water into their fields seeing the prevailing weather conditions. So overall situation was critical and action needed to be taken urgently.

After some deliberations, discussions we hired an agency to get the leakages rectified. No contractor was willing to take the initiative as it was like belling the cat. So finally work got started. While we as a department were fully enthusiastic but the contractor seemed least interested. Somehow, we kept the work moving despite no support from XEN keeping in mind the embarrassment it was causing to the name of the department.

On 26th of November, when i was having dinner at my PG, I got a call from JE who just dropped me 5 minutes earlier, telling me about my transfer to Gurdaspur all of a sudden. Another news which followed immediately was that i had been given the charge of Executive Engineer(XEN) there. I was so numb that for a minute i could not believe him. After realization, i could not hold myself but to cry. To confirm, i asked some of my colleagues and friends in the head office, they gave their nod to the news. When i was confirmed, then only I conveyed the news to my parents. They were too much excited they burst into tears out of happiness.

Next morning, when i reached office, i was congratulated by whole staff and i received my orders finally. It stated that Sh Parul Goyal has been transferred to Pb Water supply & Sew Div No 2 Amritsar and given the independent charge of Executive Engineer. So it was amritsar not Gurdaspur where i had been posted but the xen thing was correct. As soon as I got the orders, i packed my bag, got the relieving from the current Xen and left for Amritsar by 1 Pm. After travelling for 4 hours, reached to the office, met SE and gave my joining there. On 28th, I assumed the charge of Executive Engineer, Pb w/s & Sew Div No 2, Amritsar. So, all of this happened so quickly that i did not get the time to write my mind those days. Then it was work, meetings, site visits, new assignments which kept me busy for a month. Every day, after working for late hours also, the work was still pending.

So to get back to normal mode, it took me about a month. So this was the reason behind the non posting last month blog. It was not the leakages which kept me busy rather the post of an XEN which engaged me throughout the month. The first two paragraphs of the blog are just to build up the motion of reading the rest of it. Anyways, 2014 year while ending has given a beautiful present to myself and my family. I need all of your best wishes and blessings so that i can do justice to the chair i have been given.

Regards

Parul Goyal

No comments:

Post a Comment