Thursday, April 30, 2015

Band Baja Barat


Finally the day has arrived I was waiting for last 2-3 years. I was getting married to the love of my life. Everything was going great after marriage until and unless my mother pulled out the bed sheet out of my face. "Oh F**K" It was just a beautiful dream which was shattered by none other than my mother who is desperately wanting a daughter in law these days.

It was the morning of 7.3.15 when the incident happened. Like other weekends I was in my home town and had to get ready for the process for bride selection. Not to boast about , but I was getting numerous offers to get married these days. Everytime , other party used to visit our home , shop and meet me personally. Then they used to send me the photographs of their beloved daughter and I used to reject it. It was getting a monotonous process for many weekends.

One day , I got a call from one of my college mates Vasu regarding a marriage proposal. Firstly I was shocked because it was the first time we were having a chat after pass out. Secondly, the girl was the cousin sister of his wife. So it was a tedious situation to handle. We talked about it and finally planned a meeting in Bathinda with her relatives. By this time, I was so much frustrated with all this process that I took this meeting very casually. According to my intuition, after having a chat with them, I was not at all concerned about their decision as I never expected a call from their side.

After two days, my phone rang up with a name blinking on my screen as " Vasu Relative". It was actually the uncle of the girl who came to meet me that day. They showed their consent in the matter. I was awestruck because I was not at all confidant this time keeping in view the meeting I had. As per procedure, I asked for the photographs of the girl. It took them 10 days in sending a photo of the girl which made me again doubtful about the status. After receiving photo, I was in dilemma considering she looked healthier than me.

Despite the reasons mentioned above, we fixed a meeting with the girl named shivani in Bathinda on 3.4.2015. After the meeting , I was confident about the girl and was ready to say Yes. Now my father was in dilemma considering the fact that 2 years of her post graduation were still pending. So we kept the decision pending and conveyed them that the status would be intimated to them within a week. After discussion at home, we let them know our status within 2 days without much ado. And it was a Yes. As they say Relationships are made in heaven. It sounds so true because nobody was confident about the proposal in a way or the other

Both the families fixed the date for shagun cum Roka cum Ring Ceremony as 19.4.15 in Bathinda only. As of now, I am enjoying my courtship period. Marriage date is yet to be fixed. Details about the girl and marriage will be intimated to you'all in next blog so that you must read it.

Before saying goodbye, I just wanted to cleat the reasons for this title:

Firstly, I wanted to make those people feel happy who were annoyed because of non posting of March 15 installment. As the title itself makes a person happy thinking about any marriage.

Secondly, to declare clear and loud that I am very excited these days to meet my better half. She is just the perfect for me. Just want to tie the knot at the earliest. Can not wait for the wedding day for long.

Love U

Parul Goyal

No comments:

Post a Comment